I would like to share my favorite spinach pancakes recipe with you. Here in Finland, even at the university restaurant, you can buy spinach pancakes, so it was evident, that sooner or later I’ll experiment and come up with m own recipe as well.
These vegan green protein pancakes are great for a snack or as a main dish as well, for example, you can top them with delicious fruits or use them as they were bread and prepare sandwiches.
The pancakes are also perfect for those who follow a plant-based whole food diet (should I call them whole food pancakes?) and also suitable pancakes for toddlers and babies who eat solids.
- 2 cups (handfuls) fresh spinach or 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons flax seed (grounded)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flakes or whole flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- about 1/2 cup of water
- 1 apple or 1 banana
- 1/2 ts of salt
- 1 ts of cinnamon
- 1 ts of cumin and a bit of pepper
- For topping (optional):
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients (flaxseed, baking soda, oat flakes, and spices)
- Add the spinach and water (and other fruits) to a blender. If you use fresh spinach, you'll need more water. Mix them well, then add the dry ingredients.
- Bake them on medium heat in a non-sticky frying pan (you can add a bit of oil if needed), flip them when cooked through
- Add fresh fruits on top when serving.
dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free, vegan friendly and suitable for toddlers